Now in its 21st year, Vintage Fashion Guild continues to grow as a leader in educational and inspirational content. At the same time, our expenses grow too.
Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild Auction!
What: An auction of vintage fashion items generously donated by members of the VFG. Everything being offered is authentic vintage or antique fashion-related. All descriptions include era, measurements, condition statements, materials and description of any special features.
Where: On Instagram @vintagefashionguild (https://www.instagram.com/vintagefashionguild/)
When: The auction goes live on Monday, April 24, and new items will be posted every day through May 3, with the final auctions closing on May 6.
How does it work: Each item has a starting bid listed. All you have to do is leave a comment with a bid in US dollars on the Instagram post of the item that interests you. Look for the highest previous bid and bid something higher. Keep an eye on the auction and bid again if outbid.
All items included were donated by members of the VFG, and will be sent from those donor-members, wherever they are located.
Each post lists the country the item will be shipped from and whether it can be shipped internationally or only domestically. (Domestic meaning within the country of the donor-member.)
Postage cost is listed in the description. Look for Domestic and International prices. All shipping will be trackable. Postage of several lots together will not be possible unless the items all come from the same place.
Items will be listed throughout the 10-day period, so stop by daily to see what’s been added. Each lot’s auction will end three days after it begins, so don’t hesitate!
We will tag you in the post comments if you have won the item, and send you a DM (Instagram direct message) as well. All payments will be via PayPal (we will invoice winners).
1. Can I use Instagram on my desktop for bidding? You may use the desktop version of Instagram as well as the mobile app for bidding, but you do have to have an Instagram account, which is free.
2. Is my winning bid tax-deductible? The VFG is a 501c6 nonprofit organization. Donations to this type of nonprofit can not be deducted.
3. How exactly do I bid?
4. How do I know if I have been outbid? You will need to keep track of the bidding on the item you wish to win. Keep checking back throughout the three days.
5. Do I have to bid in a specific increment over the previous bid? No, you may bid whatever you like in, dollars.
6. Can I be outbid at the last second? Yes. We do not have any way to prevent a bidder from swooping in at the last second.
7. Will I be refunded extra postage paid? If the actual postage cost is more than $2 under what the winner is charged, extra postage paid will be refunded.
8. What if I do not wish to bid on an item, but would like to help the VFG? First, thank you! Your support helps keep the VFG’s resources free to the public. You can donate here: Support the VFG at any time.