A little bit about us
The Vintage Fashion Guild™ (VFG) is an international community of professionals and enthusiasts in the vintage-fashion trades. VFG members enjoy a wealth of resources, avenues for promoting their shops and specialties, and camaraderie with others who share a common interest and passion. Founded in 2002, the VFG is a premier source of education and information, as well as for reputable sellers of vintage clothing, jewelry, purses, hats, and all fashion accessories. Our membership includes professionals such as:
- Online vintage sellers
- Retail (brick-and-mortar) vintage sellers
- Fashion writers and editors
- Vintage-content journalists and bloggers
- Museum, collection, and exhibition curators
- Fashion researchers and historians
- Librarians and archivists
Member benefits include:
- Numerous opportunities for promotions that give members visibility to thousands of viewers: Weekly promotions through our public “Fresh Vintage” and “Vintage Parade” events; exposure on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the VFG’s own blog; selling in the VFG Facebook Shop; and more
- Access to private forums where members share, learn, and have fun-discussing dating and identifying vintage fashion, care and restoration, ways to promote their businesses, and more. It’s a place to chat about all things vintage fashion with like-minded individuals.
- Opportunity to sell to and buy from fellow members in our private forums
- Listing in our VFG Member Directory, which helps visitors find trustworthy vintage shops online and in the real world
- Opportunities to post news about their shops, curated shows, books, and other accomplishments, which is shared in the VFG Newsletter and on other venues
- Use of the VFG logo, a symbol of trust and integrity
- The VFG website, which offers leading, in-depth resources for information on a number of topics
- Chance to contribute to a community and its mission to promote and preserve vintage fashion
Benefits to the public:
For anyone interested in vintage fashion, we offer free registration on our Public Forum. Guests can view our weekly member promotions, ask questions about designers and labels, dating and care, and more. This forum gives our trade members enhanced visibility among aficionados and more ways to share their passion and knowledge.
We encourage vintage fashion sellers and other professionals to apply for VFG membership!