Stein & Blaine was a New York store, that in the 1910s was the first to feature designs with credit given to their in-house designer. In this case, she was Miss E.M.A. Steinmetz, who started her employment with the store in 1917. Stein & Blaine was located at 13-15 West 57th Street. All the clothes they sold were custom-made. In the 1940s and 1950s the in-house designer was Muriel King.
Written by fuzzylizzie