Ted Lapidus (1929-2008) opened a boutique to sell his designs in Paris in the 1950s. In 1963 he was admitted to the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture. Through the 1960s and 1970s he produced ready-to-wear for both men and women.
In 1982, Ted Lapidus retired and his son Olivier became the head at the house of Lapidus. The business was acquired by Jacques Konckier, who held the Lapidus perfume licenses, in 1995.
Written by fuzzylizzie