Callot Soeurs was a design house started in Paris in 1895 by the three Callot sisters; Marie, Marthe and Regine. The eldest sister, Marie, was the head designer and the visionary of the group. Under her direction, the house became famous for their use of antique laces and lavish beading. They made fashionable gold and silver lamé dresses starting in the teens, and lasting throughout the 1920s.
They are also remembered for their use of exotic fabrics and embroideries, and for their technical skill in cut and construction. Marie retired in 1937, and the House of Callot Soeurs merged with the House of Calvet. The Callot Soeur label continued to be used until 1948, when the house closed.
Written by fuzzylizzie