S. Ungar was a German and Austrian clothing company, with branches in Vienna, Berlin and Karlsbad. The company was founded in 1905, and by 1907 there was a branch in Berlin . The Berlin branch was located at 15 Unter den Linden, and the Vienna shop was at Kohlmarkt 20. Both were prestigious addresses. The company closed in 1938, because the owner was Jewish, and it was becoming increasingly difficult for them to conduct business.
Thanks to Claus Jahnke for the information in this article.