The label Shannon Rodgers for Jerry Silverman was established in 1959. Rodgers had previously designed for the movies, and later worked with Silverman at Martini, a dress company that did adaptations of Paris designs. Rodgers and Silverman continued this practice in their designs, and were known for their Americanized versions of Balenciaga designs. They did simple, but elegant dresses, often with a single decoration to add interest. They closed around 1978. In 1983, they donated their large clothing collection to Kent State University, where it formed the basis of their Museum’s collection of historical fashion.
See also: Shannon Rodgers
Written by fuzzylizzie.com