Rice Stix Dry Goods began in St. Louis in 1879, having moved upriver from Memphis. Ten years later they moved to their new location, later known as The Merchandise Mart. They occupied the largest space for a firm in downtown St. Louis. By mid-century, they were also manufacturing over forty brands of wearing apparel, such as the Kerry brand seen here. The owners sold the business in 1955 and it was moved to New York in 1957.