Mabley & Carew was a Cincinnati, Ohio department store founded in 1877 by Joseph T. Carew and C.R. Mabley. Carew became the sole owner after Mabley’s death. They established a store in Baltimore in 1884. The business grew from a small storefront into one of the premier department stores of the Midwest. The Mabley & Carew building was replaced by the Art Deco style Carew Tower in 1930, long a landmark of Cincinnati. Mabley & Carew were at that location from 1930 – 1961, then moved across 5th St. The 5th St building was demolished in 1970. They carried fine clothing, including Schiaparelli.
Written by pastperfectvintage.com