We ask the following:
- To be considered for Trade Membership as an online seller, you must have 1 year or more online sales experience AND 100 sales AND 98% or better positive feedback as a seller. No exceptions.
- The majority (more than 55%) of applicant’s online sales be vintage items (including clothing, accessories, jewelry, linens and patterns).
- We request that online sales include the following:
- clear photos of the garment, including photos of any designer or manufacturer labels
- detailed garment measurements
- accurate and honest descriptions
- full condition reports with disclosure of any flaws, issues or alterations; (do not simply use the term “ vintage condition” to pass over flaws or damages);
- correct date of the item;
- clear terms of sale;
- easy to read descriptions, with attention to spelling, grammar and layout; and
- overall quality, honesty, presentation and attention to detail in listings.
- We also ask that applicants NOT:
- represent vintage inspired garments as vintage;
- use live models to show undergarments or sheer clothing in overtly suggestive or sexual photographs and/or using wording that is overtly suggestive or sexual;
- alter undamaged items to reflect current trends;
- sell illegal items such as: fakes, knockoffs, or garments or items made from endangered species.
- Other factors taken into consideration:
- all feedback that is available through the internet and other sources
- professional conduct shown in other online forums, if applicable; and
- applicant’s interactions with other members of the vintage community.
- Applicant should have at least 15 vintage items currently for sale/auction.
All submitted applications are thoroughly reviewed by the VFG membership committee. Omission or misrepresentation of information on this application can be considered as grounds for denial of membership
NOTE: VFG Membership Committee will not conduct research or correct broken links. Please provide all necessary information and functional links to support your application.
NOTE: If you do not receive an email confirmation of application received within 48 hours please contact the VFG Membership Committee