BH Wragge was established in 1920 by Bernard H. Wragge. It was acquired by Sidney Wragge in 1931, as a maker of both men’s shirts and women’s blouses. By the late 1930s Wragge had developed the idea of separates and the company produced coordinated blouses, skirts, pants, coats, and other pieces that were meant to mix and match.
From the late 1930s and into the 1950s each BH Wragge collection was based on a theme, with the fabrics often designed by famous artists. These clothes were geared toward a young customer and BH Wragge clothes were very popular with the college set. Toward the end of the 1940s the company changed its image somewhat and began doing more dresses and suits. By the 1960s they were producing evening dresses. The company closed in 1971.
Written by Lizzie Bramlett, fuzzylizzie.com