C. Crawford Hollidge was one of the five large retail stores concentrated on Washington and Tremont Streets in Boston.
Clarence Crawford Hollidge started the business as a dry goods store in Milton, MA in 1920. By 1930 he had transformed the store into a high-end women’s specialty store. At its largest, the C. Crawford Hollidge chain had four locations in wealthy towns: Boston, Wellesley, Cohasset, and Hyannis.
The original Tremont Street store was demolished in 1969.
Written by coutureallurevintage.com