H Bar C has its roots in a company formed in 1917 by two tailors, Halpern and Christenfeld, as a maker of riding clothing. In 1935 a western branch was opened to make and market Western riding clothes. This business was renamed H Bar C, to give it a Western flair. H Bar C made clothes for the movies, and they also marketed their clothes for the growing Western wear market.
The H Bar C logo on the sign was trademarked in 1941, and has been used in various versions since that time.
Written by Lizzie Bramlett, fuzzylizzie.com