Founded in 1885, De Pinna was primarily a men’s shop located on New York City’s Fifth Avenue. They also sold menswear-inspired clothing for women that was finely tailored. In the early 1950s De Pinna was bought by the Washington, DC store Julius Garfinckle & Co. At that time, Garfinckle’s expanded their ladies’ wear offerings. The stores closed in 1969.
Written by Lizzie Bramlett, fuzzylizzie.com